Old School Oatmeal Cookies
- 3/4 c. shortening, soft
- 1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 c. oats, uncooked
Combine in a mixer the sugar, eggs, vanilla water and shortening together.
- Add the flour, soda and salt in a separate bowl and stir together.
- Cream the flour mixture into the sugar/shortening mixture.
- Add oats into the mix.
- Drop by the teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets (or in my case silicon baking mat).
- Bake on preheated oven at 350 degrees for approximately 13 minutes (give or take based on taste).
- Let sit for at least 5 minutes to cool down.
I think these are the best oatmeal cookies I have tasted in years.