Type: Cookies & Bars
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Serves: 12 pieces at least
Results: The hubby really liked this recipe. The peanut butter taste isn’t overwhelming and it isn’t too sweet. We did not make the frosting, it would be pretty sweet and without it was tasty enough!
- ¾ cup sugar
- 16 tbs unsalted butter
- 1.5 cup peanut butter (I used both because that is what we had)
- 1.5 cup granulated sugar
- .5 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 4 eggs at room tempurature
- 2 Cups flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray coat the pan.
- Melt butter and peanut butter together then set aside to cool.
- Sift sugars and salt.
- Whisk in one egg at a time until combined.
- Add vanilla.
- Whisk in peanut butter mixture until combined.
- Sift in flour and mix until flour just disappears.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake (about 35 minutes).
- 1 C confectioner’s sugar
- .25 cup peanut butter, melted
- Milk (based on your thickness preference).
Once bars have cooled, flip out onto a cooling rack fitted into a cookie sheet (to catch the icing). Mix icing ingredients togther until of desired consistency. Drizzle over bars. Let icing set up and cut.